To be accepted onto the course you will need:
- a degree in English or a relevant qualification
- advanced level qualifications in English Language or Literature.
- GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
- have passed the QTS skills in English and Maths by 1st September 2018.
- the ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English.
- confirmation that you have not been excluded from teaching nor from working with children, nor have been registered with the Criminal Records Bureau as unfit for working with children or young persons.
- The suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching this subject in secondary schools.
It is beneficial that you also have:
- experience of working with secondary-age children.
- recent experience of your subject in a secondary school.
- a competent level of ICT skills.
It is desirable to have passed the QTS skills tests prior to interview. However, if this is not the case there is an expectation the tests are completed as soon as possible after an offer has been made.
We are pleased to offer the following places for 2019/20:
- Provider-led places in Drama
- School-direct (unsalaried) places in Drama.
For provider-led places apply on UCAS to EMTTP (UCAS Institue Code: E31, UCAS Course Code: 38QF)
For school-direct places apply to our lead school Joseph Whitaker School (UCAS Institute Code: 2K7, UCAS Course Code 3B7L) via the UCAS teacher training application website.
If you are successful in gaining a place via either of these pathways you will undertake your main placement through one of these schools:
Joseph Whitaker School